Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I screwed up!


This, in itself, is not big news. I screw up all the time in life, I can be an absent-minded, disorganized mess. But writing is different. I take it very seriously. I go over and over what I write with a fine tooth comb, particularly if I’m preparing it for publication.

But in my latest short story,“The Breaking of subPaul” in the Mischief anthology Captivated: My Very Own Slave, there is a mistake that neither I nor my editors caught. 

I only noticed it upon reading my contributor’s copy. Gah! I was so embarrassed. I imagined readers and other contributing authors chuckling: Ha, look at this! Rookie. I wanted to crawl into a hole. 

But then I thought, screw it. Why not just put it out there? Better yet, why not make it into a fun contest! This, my friends, is what you call making lemonade out of lemons. ;)

Captivated comes out July 26th, 2012. You can pre-order/order your copy here. The first person to email/tweet/comment with the – what is now to me, glaring – error in my story will receive a free copy of a previous or upcoming anthology of his/her choice. 

Hopefully you won’t all pick out a bunch of other errors that have gone unnoticed… *blush* That would be more embarrassing still!

Happy hunting!

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say? Don't tease me!